BRC Success across all our food sitesPosted on January 8, 2024
Throughout 2023, all our food sites have gone through version 9 of the British Retail Consortium (BRC) standard audits. The BRC audit assesses food manufacturing facilities across nine core areas of operations to assess a company’s adherence to its standards of food safety.
Following our final audit at our Inchture site in December, we are delighted to announce that all our food sites have now achieved AA* – the highest score that can be awarded!
This has been achieved by our colleagues focusing on the non-conformance issues identified during previous BRC audits and working to improve our site standards and our Quality Management System, which has led to a significant decline in our non-conformances.
This decline in non-conformances is due to:
- Our underlying commitment to compliance and food safety
- The collective dedication and preparedness demonstrated across all sites
- The concerted efforts made by all colleagues towards shared learning initiatives and a collaborative approach adopted across the whole of our business
- Our adaptability and resilience
- Our facilities and investment
- The effectiveness of our proactive measures to ensure adherence to the new and rigorous version 9 standards.
We are extremely proud of our site audit performance across all sites, and our thanks to all colleagues across all our sites who have enabled us to achieve these remarkable BRC successes.
Tricia Sykes, Director – Technical Operations, said:
“Our BRC successes are far more than just audits and scores, it demonstrates true dedication, phenomenal attitude and teamwork that was world class, something that any food manufacturer would be extremely proud and jealous of.
“These successes demonstrate our purpose: ‘one team, creating exceptional value for our customer’.
“BRC is not one week of the year, it shows and tells the auditors what we do exceptionally well 52 weeks of the year.
“My huge thanks to each and every one involved, One Team – IPL, Forza & Kober!!!”